bitRipper is FREE DVD to AVI software that allows you to back-up your
DVD's as AVI files on the hard drive. It can be used for one-click ripping as good as for advanced
modes. You are free to choose whether to use default configuration values or to set them manually.
There are all necessary settings available:
bitRipper does not require gigabytes of space to copy all DVD content to the hard drive before
converting to AVI. It converts video on-the-fly, copying data and writing it to AVI file at the
- Video and audio codecs configuration
- Video resolution and aspect ratio
- Sound track language and sound value normalization
- Variety of actions to be performed after the copying process is completed
- Includes 3rd party decryption module for CSS protected DVDs
Commercial product quality
When bitRipper was a commercial application, we constantly worked to improve it. So now, when it became free, you can be sure that you get a commercial quality product at no cost.
Here is the list of the most important updates and added features since the first version was released:
The only thing we haven't modified is bitRipper's perfectly clean and simple interface.
- Ability to control the ripping process system priority
- Internal video bitrate calculator to fine-tune the compression level
- Authorization support for protected discs
- Episodical discs support (multiple DVD tracks containing multiple parts)
- Support of the most of video export formats including AVI, MPEG, DivX
- Reduced installation package, maximized stability and reliablity
Follow this link to download the latest version of bitRipper, the most simple and user friendly DVD to AVI tool.